Friday, April 3, 2009

Almost 4 Weeks Post Op

It's been a few weeks since I've made a blog entry, so I better update what's been going on!
I had my gastric bypass RNY surgery on March 9, 2009 and it went well with no complications. Recovery was worse than I thought it would be, but by a week after surgery, I was feeling much better. If I hadn't had my mom here to help me, I don't think I would have gotten through the surgery or recovery without falling apart, lol!

I'm now almost 4 weeks post op and things are going very well. I have lost 23lbs since surgery and now that I'm able to eat more protein in my diet and start heavier exercise, I know more weight will come off. I have become lactose intolerant since surgery, but other than that, I've had no problems.

I am currently on the pureed diet phase and though some people find this stage difficult, I have found it to be very easy(except having to wash the food processor all the time, lol) and I have so much more variety in my diet. Previously, I was on full liquids and I was so sick of eating yogurt, pudding, and soup..pureed food has been heaven for me so far! I will be on pureeds for 2 weeks then move on to solids.

People have already started to notice my weight loss and I am not used to getting compliments like that, so it will take some getting used to! My clothes are so baggy and I think I've lost 2 sizes already...it's amazing what 30 lbs will do! My husband is coming home from the Army soon and I can't wait to see what he thinks since he hasn't seen me since January 1st! I'm going to start mall walking on Monday and really amping it up so weight loss will be more progressive. So far, I'm loving my RNY and couldn't be happier for doing it!! I can't wait to see what the future holds for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment