Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My First 5k Race~WOW Moment!



About to cross the finish line!!!




Ready to get my 5k on!!


This past Friday I ran my first 5k race ever and words cannot describe how amazing it was for me to cross the finish line!! I did pretty good for my first one and clocked in at 38:17! I beat a good amount of people who I went with who had done one previously and I wasn't too far behind people I know that run on a regular basis, so it was quite an accomplishment for me! I am now registered for my next race which will be in June and I can't wait...I hope to improve and beat my previous time and clock in at 30 minutes..we'll see what happens :-)








I NEVER thought this to be possible a little over a year ago and I am so proud that I was able to check it off my list of goals for myself. I actually enjoy running and that was something I never thought I'd hear myself say. My RNY has truly allowed me to spread my wings and fly~right across the finish line!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment