Saturday, March 20, 2010

One Year Surgiversary







I'm a little late on my one year surgiversary post, but better late than never, LOL!



I had my one year surgiversary on March 9th and my appt for that went excellent! All my labs looked awesome, my weight loss was at 80% of excess lost and my surgeon didn't even recognize me! I did have to have another hospital visit due to complications from my rny...I had some adhesions/scar tissue removed and the part that secures your bowels in place had to be repaired because of the amount of weight I have lost and so rapidly, it had come loose and was allowing my bowels to move around freely-not supposed to happen, LOL! Nevertheless, I am well and recovered and the surgery wasn't as bad as my hernia repair in Dec., so I am not going to complain that much:)



I have often asked myself and my husband if I have more medical problems now than I did when I was obese and there are times I think I do, but then I look back on what I traded all this for...140 lbs that held me back from doing almost everything in my life and most importantly, held me back from being ME..so, all in all, I may have had more hospital visits in the past year or so, but I would glady take those over 140 lbs of fat any day!! I am in a size medium/9-10 and I weigh 158 lbs compared to a size 28 and 298 lbs last year...YAY for my RNY and YAY for my new lease on life!!



No comments:

Post a Comment